“Disabled person” or “person with reduced mobility” means “any person whose mobility when using transport is reduced due to any physical disability (sensory or motor, permanent or temporary), any intellectual disability or impairment, or any other cause of disability or age, and whose situation needs appropriate attention and the adaptation to his/her particular needs of the service made available to all passengers.”
You must indicate the following to your airline or travel agency when booking:
> the nature of your disability (reduced mobility, visually impaired, hearing impaired…), the degree of assistance required and your specific needs during the flight, in order to obtain essential services throughout your journey.
> the international code corresponding to the degree of assistance you require, according to the international classification:
- WCH R: The passenger can move independently and climb stairs
- WCH S: The passenger can move independently but cannot climb or descend stairs.
- WCH C: The passenger cannot move independently and must be carried to/from their seat.
- BLND: Passenger is blind or visually-impaired.
- DEAF: Passenger is hearing-impaired.
- DPNA: Passenger has an intellectual or behavioural disability and requires assistance. Depending on the degree of independence and the duration of the flight, prior medical approval may be requested.
Since 26 July 2008 Strasbourg Airport has applied European regulation n° 1107/2006 EC regarding the rights of disabled persons and persons of reduced mobility when travelling by air.
Your personal wheelchair
It is important to provide the following information about your wheelchair when booking:
- Electric or manual, foldable or not
- Weight and dimensions in a folded position
- Battery type (dry or wet)
- Shuttle train
Information on 0 800 77 98 67 (freephone number)
- GIHP Alsace
Specialist transport service operating every day from 6:15 to 23:30
Information on 00 33 188.8.131.52.11 or at www.gihp-alsace.org
Reserved parking spaces are available in every car park
- P1 - 2 spaces
- P2 - 5 spaces
- P3 - 3 spaces
- P4 - 7 spaces
- P5 : 5 spaces
in the airport
A dedicated reception point is situated in the public area of the terminal.
For your comfort, please arrive 1 hour before check-in.
- Can only be guaranteed if the passengers present themselves at least one hour before the departure of their flight at the check-in counter or at least 2 hours before the departure of their flight at the dedicated reception point.
- If the passengers do not arrive within the time frames mentioned above, Strasbourg Airport will make every possible effort – within reason – to provide the assistance the passengers may require before being able to catch their flight, but without guarantee.
Ticket offices and check-in
Ticket offices run by airlines and agencies and a check-in desk are lowered and specifically designed for wheelchair users.
From check-in, you will be assisted by a qualified person and you will enjoy priority access to the aeroplane by means of a wheelchair adapted to the degree of assistance required.
- Telephone: 1 telephone booth is available in the departures hall.
- Toilets: All sanitary blocks in the terminal hall and the boarding lounges have disabled toilets.
- Shops: All shops, bars and restaurants are accessible and welcome all customers.
- Escalators: All escalators are paired with a lift accessible by wheelchair.
Quality standards applied in Strasbourg Airport
- Departing passengers who have booked with an airline or travel agency at least 48 hours before the departure of the flight: 90% waiting for no longer than 10 minutes 100% waiting for no longer than 20 minutes
- Departing passengers who have booked within 48 hours: 90% assisted within 30 minutes 100% assisted within 45 minutes
- Arriving passengers who have booked with an airline or travel agency at least 48 hours before the departure of the flight: 95% assisted immediately after the exit of the last passenger 100% assisted at least 5 minutes after the exit of the last passenger
- Arriving passengers who have booked within 48 hours: 90% assisted 10 minutes after the exit of the last passenger 100% assisted 15 minutes after the exit of the last passenger