INFORMATION FOR TRAVELLERS - SPECIFIC MEASURES LINKED TO THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC
From Strasbourg : Let's keep flying safe!
All the necessary sanitary precautions have been set up to enable resumption of commercial flights in complete safety for employees, partners, travellers and people who accompany travellers.
The teams at Strasbourg Airport remain active despite the Coronavirus Covid-19 epidemic. Here is some information that will be useful for travel in the current context.
Traffic info and flight programme
Since the beginning of the health crisis, the airport has stayed open for public air travel and has retained its capacity to handle rerouted flights or repatriation, sanitary or military flights.
The airlines are starting to send us information on their flight programmes. Resumption of traffic is very gradual.
The provisional flight programme known today for July 2020 is as follows: (last updated on August 3rd)
For real-time information on air traffic, log on to our dedicated site:
If you were planning to travel and need to modify or cancel your tickets, please contact your airline or travel agency directly.
Strasbourg Airport is methodically following the recommendations issued by the High Council for Public Health in France and the AESA (European Aviation Safety Agency) in order to guarantee your safety.
Main health measures deployed:
- Wearing a mask will be compulsory for every person aged 11 or over who enters the terminal and all areas accessible to passengers. Passengers must therefore have a mask when they enter the terminal, as indicated in the 11 May 2020 decree.
- Installation of signage all through the passenger flow circuit, on physical distancing (floor marking, posters, loudspeaker announcements …) and protective gestures (handwashing…)
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be available at various contact points along the passenger flow circuit
- Plexiglas protection will also be set up at all information, registration and boarding desks.
- Heightened cleaning measures will be introduced in zones accessible to passengers, contact points, washrooms and luggage trolley handles
- One in 2 seats will be locked out
The right things to do:
Coming to the airport
All carparks will be open as soon as the airport reopens.
Parking Information may be obtained from 17 June on : + 33 3 88 64 69 49
Coming to the airport in a taxi or regional express train (TER).
The TERs and taxis are still operating
See the TER shuttle timetable:
Reminder: since 11 May, a protective mask must be worn on public transport.
From 1st June onwards, car hire firms will be open, with restricted working hours. Please contact the companies working on the platform directly to confirm that their services are continuing to operate.
Services and shops
Shops and services are gradually reopening.
Restaurants, bars and shops :
Travel agencies :
Getting ready to travel
We advise you to consult the travel restrictions that apply to your destination on the Website of the Foreign Office. We advise you to check entry conditions on the territory where your destination is located.
Declaration of absence of Covid-19 symptoms
All travellers are required to present a declaration on honour that they have no symptoms of Covid-19 infection. If this document is not presented, the company may refuse to allow passengers to board and they may be escorted outside the relevant areas.
As part of the fight against Coronavirus, some airlines are taking the temperatures of passengers on departure.
This checking will be done using contact-less infrared thermometers. Only people with temperatures below 38°C will be allowed to travel. Passengers with a higher temperature than this may be suffering from the coronavirus and will not be allowed to board their flight. Their reservation will be changed free of charge for a later departure.
Further information and useful links
Contacts and additional information
The Strasbourg Airport teams remain available for discussion with you:
- via the contact form
- via the airport’s social networks.
For all further information and real time recommendations, look up the following sites:
- Info coronavirus: www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
- Advice for travellers: www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/