Update – May 2018
The present confidentiality policy informs you as to the processing of your personal data by Strasbourg Airport. It aims in particular to inform you about:
- Collecting and conserving your data;
- The cookies system;
- Your data protection rights.
For any question or additional information you can contact our data protection officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Collecting and conserving your data
Strasbourg Airport takes care, in respecting the European Regulation no. 2016/679 of 27/04/2016 (termed “GDPR”), to collect as little personal data as possible and limit the period of conservation of these data to the strictly necessary for the processing concerned.
Pursuant to the European Regulation (Article 4, point 1) “data of a personal nature” are:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (…); an “identifiable natural person” is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person”.
Furthermore, Strasbourg Airport takes care to obtain internet users’ informed consent to the processing of their personal data.
Pursuant to the European Regulation (Article 4, point 2) the following constitute “processing” of data of a personal nature:
“any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction”.
You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent at any time by e-mail or post.
1.1. Subscription to the newsletter
When you subscribe to our newsletter service you will receive a communication from Strasbourg Airport by e-mail every month.
To send our newsletters we use the double opt-in procedure on subscription via our Internet site. This means we only send you a newsletter if you have expressly consented to the activation of the newsletter service by confirming that the electronic address you have indicated belongs to you. For this purpose we send you a message in which we ask you to confirm - by clicking on a link in the e-mail – that the electronic address indicated does belong to you.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters in the future you may object at any time. For this purpose you can find an unsubscription link in each newsletter.
To send this newsletter Strasbourg Airport processes the data that concern you - according to your mode of subscription and with your consent – such as:
- Your surname and first name;
- Your details (telephone number, electronic address, postal address).
When you subscribe to a newsletter via our Internet site we automatically record your electronic address and time of subscription and confirmation.
We enter the data relating to the terminal and the access data generated when you interact with a newsletter. For this operation the newsletters contain references to graphic files recorded on our web server. If you open a newsletter your message-box programme downloads these graphic files on our web server. We know whether you have opened newsletters, when, and which ones.
The marketing department responsible for the processing keeps these data for an indefinite period unless you expressly request to unsubscribe.
To process the applications made on our Internet site Strasbourg Airport uses an applications management system.
You can consult Strasbourg Airport’s applications management system web portal on: http://www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr/FR/Aeroport-Strasbourg/Recrutement.html.
The data collected are recorded in a computerised file by the marketing department which transmits it to the department responsible for recruiting. We only process your data to the extent needed to examine and track your application. Your personal data are conserved for a period that may not exceed 12 months, unless:
- You do not exercise your right to erase the data concerning you;
- A longer conservation period is authorised or imposed pursuant to a statutory or regulatory obligation.
Throughout this period we use all means to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data so as to prevent them from being damaged or erased, or from access by unauthorised third parties.
1.3. Car-park reservation
Strasbourg Airport proposes an online reservation service for your car-park space. To benefit from this service we ask you to enter your surname, first name, electronic address, telephone, and postal address in a form.
These data are processed by the marketing, the park and access, and the invoicing departments and conserved for an indefinite period unless you expressly request otherwise.
1.4. Business centre reservation
Strasbourg Airport proposes a service for hiring conference rooms. To benefit from this service we ask you to enter your surname, first name, electronic address, telephone, and postal address in a form.
These data are processed by the marketing, the Information, and the invoicing departments and conserved for an indefinite period unless you expressly request otherwise.
2. Information relating to the cookies
When consulting our site, information relating to browsing with your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on our site may be recorded in "Cookies" files installed on your terminal. Please note only the issuer of a cookie may read or amend the information it contains.
2.1. The cookies we issue on our site
When you connect to our site it can happen that we install - subject to your choices (see “Your choices concerning cookies”) – various cookies in your terminal to enable us to recognise your terminal’s browser for so long the cookie concerned is valid.
These Cookies allow us to:
- establish visit and use statistics and volumes for the various items making up our site (headings and contents visited, itineraries) - enabling us to make our services more interesting and ergonomic;
- adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc) during your visits to our Site, in line with the display or reading hardware and software on your terminal;
- memorise information relating to a form you have filled in on our site (subscription or access to your account) or to products, services, or information you have chosen on our site (service subscribed, content of an order basket, etc.);
- permit you to have access to our site’s reserved and personal areas – such as your account – by means of logins or data you may have already provided to us;
- implement security measures, for example when you are asked after a certain length of time to reconnect to a content or service.
Sharing the use of your terminal with others and how you set its parameters are your responsibility and matters for you to decide freely.
You may choose at any time to express and modify your wishes concerning cookies by the means described below.
2.2. The choices you are offered by your browser program
You can set your browser program so that cookies are recorded in your terminal or, on the contrary, rejected – either systematically or depending on their issuer. You can also set your browser program so that you accept or refuse the cookies one by one before they are recorded on your terminal. For further information consult the heading "How to make your choices, depending on the browser you use?"
2.3. The agreement about the Cookies
Recording a cookie in a terminal is essentially subject to the will of the Terminal’s user, which the latter can express and modify free of any charge at any time through the choices his browser program offers him.
If in your browser program you have agreed to have cookies recorded in your Terminal, the cookies integrated in the pages and contents you have consulted may be stored temporarily in a dedicated space of your Terminal. There they can only be read by their issuer.
2.4. The refusal of the Cookies
If you refuse to have the cookies we issue recorded on your terminal, or if you delete those we have recorded there, you will no longer be able to benefit from a certain number of functions that are still necessary to surf in certain areas on our site. This will be the case if you try to have access to our contents or services that require you to identify yourself. This will also be the case when we cannot recognise – for technical compatibility purposes - the type of browser used on your terminal, its language and display parameters, or the country from which your terminal seems to be connected to the Internet.
In such cases we refuse any liability for the consequences owing to the degraded working of our services resulting from our inability to record or consult the cookies needed to make them work and which you have refused or deleted.
For managing the cookies and your choices each browser’s setting is different. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will let you know how to modify your wishes concerning cookies.
- For Internet Explorer™: open the Tools menu, next select internet Options; click on the tab Confidentiality and then choose the level you want
- For Firefox™: open the Tools menu, next select Options; click on the tab Private Life and then choose the level you want
- For Chrome™: open the Settings menu (adjustable wrench logo), next select Parameters; click on Advanced Parameters and then on Contents Parameters, and then choose the options you want
- For Safari™: choose Safari > Preferences and then click on Security; click on Display the Cookies and then chose the options you want
- For Opera™: open the Tools menu, next select Preferences; click on the tab Advanced, and then in the heading Cookies click on Managing the Cookies; choose the options you want
3. Your data protection rights
Pursuant to the Law “Informatique et Libertés” of 6 January 1978 as amended and to European Regulation no. 2016/679/EU of 27/04/2016 you benefit from a right of access, rectification, portability, and erasure of your data or additionally from a right of processing restriction. You may also – on legitimate grounds – object to the processing of data concerning you.
You may - subject to producing valid proof of identity - exercise your rights by contacting our personal data protection officer:
- By e-mail: email@example.com;
- By telephone: 03 88 64 67 67;
- By post: Aéroport de Strasbourg Entzheim – Droit d’accès et protection des données
Route de l’Aéroport RD 221
For any complementary information or claim you can contact the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (further information on www.cnil.fr).